Some of you may remember that back on January 15th, I asked if you had ever published a blog post via email. Many of you in the comments let me know that you enjoyed using Postie but wished it contained some of the same features that are found with the Posterous service.
According to Robert Felty who has taken over development of the plugin, the new version of Postie enables the following:
Postie offers many advanced features for posting to your blog via e-mail, including the ability to assign categories by name, included pictures and videos, and automatically strip off signatures. It also has support for both imap and pop3, with the option for ssl with both.
The latest version which is 1.1.5 contains the following feature set:
- Added option to have postie posts be pending review, published, or draft
- Settings panel only shows up for administrators
- Need not be user “admin” to modify settings or to post from non-registered users
- Can now set administrator name. Authorized e-mail addresses which don’t have a user get posted under this name
- Will use IPTC captions if available
- Added option to replace newline characters with
If you’re grateful for Robert stepping up and taking over development, think about donating some cash to him or at least, say thanks.