There are many guides out there (one in particular I won’t dare mention) about upgrading to 2.5, but I was curious how your experience was.
I’ve personally upgraded two of my blogs — one manually, and one using Keith’s awesome WordPress Automatic Upgrade plugin. In both cases, I ran into no issues aside from a few incompatible plugins (you did check the list, right?).
To get the ball rolling, here are several links to some upgrade experiences around the web. My hope is to make this post a resource with a list of upgrade guides and experiences. Please feel free to add your own in the comments below (only one link please).
- Alex Frison shares with us how to upgrade 2.5 in 5 minutes.
- Random View shares his experience with upgrading to 2.5.
- Christer Edwards discusses updating, not one, but multiple blogs to WP 2.5 with no issues.
- Jeffro2pt0 discusses his transition to 2.5.
- And of course Socialized Software provides us with an
in-depth WordPress 2.5 Review(link removed for suspicion of XSS).
So what was your upgrade experience like?