Development on WordPress 3.6 has taken off like a rocket, and six areas of focus have already been defined.
- The Post Formats UI will be getting a major usability overhaul, lead by Helen Hou-Sandi.
- Autosave and Post Locking will be getting some new love, so you’ll hopefully never lose your posts again, lead by Andrew Ozz.
- The Editorial Flow experience will be getting a major overhaul too, lead by Daniel Bachhuber, so we can probably expect some bits of Edit Flow to make an appearance.
- Revisions will be getting some improvements, particularly in author attribution and comparing diffs, lead by Peter Westwood.
- Menus will be seeing some usability improvements, lead by Dave Martin.
- Distraction-Free Writing will be getting more visibility, a smoother experience, more features, and some overall polish. A leader for this project has yet to be chosen.
If you aren’t already following along with the Make WordPress Core blog, I highly recommend doing so now, especially if you’re a plugin or theme developer, or just someone whose livelihood relies on WordPress in general.