- Menus have received a simplified UI by way of breaking elements up into two separate screens, a few extra hooks, and some accessibility tweaks.
- Post Formats will be getting some UI tweaks around theme usage and expectations of data.
- Editorial Flow will focus on how custom statuses relate to post types, the transition between statuses, and working with existing statuses.
- Autosave will focus on how to safely lock a post and still allow user control, autosaving to the browser’s local storage, and offering better warnings for login expirations.
- Revisions will focus on author attribution issues and improved usability.
If you aren’t already following along with the Make WordPress Core blog, I highly recommend doing so now, especially if you’re a plugin or theme developer, or just someone whose livelihood relies on WordPress in general. And, if any of the above looks like fun, why not get involved today?