Is everyone ready for another WordPress Plugin Competition? I know I am, especially with all the cool stuff going on around WordPress development, this would be a good time to get the ball rolling again. This time I have some help (thanks Ajay), more readers, maybe some more sponsors, more prizes and we hope to see lots of good code, fun projects, meet lots of nice people and help the WordPress community along the way.
Prizes will be determined very soon. If you would like to sponsor a prize, please contact me. Lots of eyes see these competitions and your encouragement goes a long way in helping provide incentives. The plugin competition will begin on the 1st of June and will last till the end of July.
Rather than categories for prizes, this time we will do a multi level judging for a first second and third place. The plugins should be officially submitted through email and the Plugin Competition Blog should be used as a launching ground for plugin ideas, updates, development news etc. The plugins will be judged by a panel of at least three judges with Ajay and myself taking two of the spots. I hate herding judges and will probably hand pick one or two more people.
All code must be GPL and should be available for download through the Competition Blog. The plugins can be modified and tweaked till the last day of the competition or until the author sends us an email with the final version of the code. Plugins can also be made available through the WordPress Extend pages and linked back from the blog. In essence, the Plugin Competition Blog is the vehicle of communication for all contestants.
Some relevant details:
- Running time for competition = 2 months starting the 1st of June till the 31st of July.
- True WordPress plugins only. No manual modifications can be required of users.
- You cannot submit plugins that have been released already.
- All plugins require documentation as in the WordPress Extend pages.
- Preliminary support for the plugin has to be provided to the public.
- Any and all prizes/controversies/issues will be judged and decided at my sole discretion.
More details to be added with time.