So, you’ve got WordPress, Akismet, and more spam comments than you can keep track of. Wouldn’t you like to know which posts are drawing the most spam attention? Well, Ozh has the perfect script for you!
Update: The script is now a plugin.
Simply upload the script to your WordPress root directory and enjoy a listing of your most prominent spam magnets, complete with “a pretty interactive pie chart.” Use the script to track down and close off your spam magnets, research the keywords catching the spammers’ attention, or just do it for fun.
When I ran this script on my blog, I found two spam magnets that shouldn’t have had open comments in the first place, and all of my posts mentioning the WordPress Support Forums were drawing the most attention from spammers.
Here are the results from Weblog Tools Collection (spam comments are deleted on a regular basis, so this only includes the most recent spam comments):
- 404 - Should You Remove Post Dates from Your WordPress Blog
- 161 - WordPress Support Forum All-stars
- 114 - WordPress and the Fatal Memory Error
- 110 - Lorelle’s Mind Blowing WordPress Plugins
- 101 - WordPress Mobile Apps for Android and BlackBerry Updated
- 100 - WordPress Theme Releases for 08/26
- 82 - WordPress Theme Releases for 08/30
- 69 - 300,000 Biggest Websites, Visualized With Their Icons
- 66 - WordPress Plugin Releases for 09/05
- 61 - WordPress Plugin Releases for 08/28
What did you find?