Bob Apthrope (link?) has made some much needed modifications to my WordPress One Click backup and has fixed some of the bugs and nagging problems mentioned by a lot of people. I appreciate his work. Here are some of the improved features and fixes:
- date format is now YYYYMMDD-hhmmss so they sort nicely
- The zip file only compresses the path relative to your WordPress install
- Excluded archiving anything in the backup folder. This dramatically cuts down on the size of the backup files. No more recursive file backups.
- Fixed a bug in the links to the just-created backup files – $siteurl wasn’t getting set. That was a minor fix.
- Fixed a potential security hole. Rewrote some of the README file to give examples of Apache access control and provide a little extra security-through-obscurity.
Items not fixed yet include reported problems with WordPress 1.5. If I can get a bug report for some of those problems, I will fix them in the download.
Download link for WordPress One Click Backup Version 1.3
[EDIT] Ryan Boren has made this into a plugin for WordPress 1.5. Here is the link to the download zip. In this plugin version NO changes need to be made to the code WordPress files. Thanks Ryan!
[EDIT] WordPress One Click Backup plugin for non-passthru systems has been released