The WordPress Plugin Competition is in full swing. A lot of people have expressed interest in participating in the competition and some prizes have already been committed. As in the years past, the plugin competition prizes will be listed on the prize page. But here is a short list of what is in store for the winners.
- Weblog Tools Collection is offering up $1000 of prize money for the winners
- James and Andrew from Incsub have offered up $250 for a plugin that is WPMU compatible. They add that WPMU plugins are not that dissimilar to regular plugins, but need to run automatically and efficiently via wp-content/mu-plugins and require users to make no hard code changes (just edits in Settings) and for global administration to be possible via the Site Admin menu.
- Geof F. Morris has generously offered $100 towards the competition
- WindowsObserver.com has provided a copy of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas for the PC and a copy of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
- OIOPublisher has provided four copies of their advertising plugin for the winners
- Will you help?
We are still looking for more donations to add to the plugin competition coffers. If you have benefited from the plugin competition in the past, want to promote WordPress plugin development and proliferation or would like to help us out in recognizing and celebrating WordPress plugin authors, please consider donating a few bucks. Your support will go a long way and every dollar will be used as prize money for the winners.
We are also looking for sponsors of the plugin competition. A lot of people view the competition, help choose the winners and then download and benefit from the plugins developed for the competition. The benefits of sponsoring the competition are two fold, especially if you are directly involved with WordPress. Not only will your company or product receive exposure from the sponsorship, you will also help in promoting plugin development and can help provide the extra incentive to plugin authors and help them develop fantastic plugins such as WordPress Automatic Upgrade and Who Sees Ads which were both winners in the last plugin competition.