Snap Shots Plugin (Formery Snap Preview Anywhere)
Snap Shots Plugin
This plugin, now in version 1.3, lets you display small thumbnails for your linked pages. This plugin received a lot of attention since it first was released and has been downloaded over 10,000 times. Snap Shots is currently also available on WordPress.com
- Generates perfectly valid XHTML code
- All options can be set via WP-Admin.
- Options can be changed at anytime to customize the preview.
- The plugin can automatically add the code to the footer
Changelog Version 1.3:
- Plugin name changed from Snap Preview Anywhere Plugin to Snap Shots Plugin in accordance with the name change of the service.
- Code added to footer is now XHTML 1.1 compliant as well.
- Blocks of Links behavior has been deprecated.
- You can now set if you want only PreviewShotsâ„¢ to be displayed
- LOADS of options to play with!
- Ability to add domains you don’t want the preview to display on.
- Widgetize the plugin.
Installation is as simple as downloading the plugin, uploading it to your wp-content/plugins folder (the plugin comes in its own folder, the complete folder should be uploaded), and activating it through your admin interface. You will also need to signup for Snap Shots and generate the code. In the code you will find a 32-digit parameter that follows
key=. This will be needed for configuring the display. Once you find this code and add it in the admin, you should be all set. The plugin takes care of everything else and you should be able to hover your mouse above any link on your blog and see the Snap Shot.
It seems that Snap Shots are a matter of taste. A lot of people like them and continue to use them while some have felt that the hover boxes are distractions or just do not belong on blogs. I can see where this would be really useful for theme authors who want to display small screenshots of their linked themes without cluttering up the whole page. Photo blogs can also make good use of this plugin.
If you like the previews, this plugin is the way to add them to your WordPress blog!