SECURITY WARNING: PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD THIS HACK IF YOU ARE USING IT, A VERY SERIOUS VULNERABILITY HAS BEEN DISCOVERED AND FIXED.
David Merwin has modified my Contextual Search hack for WordPress to work with WordPress 1.5. This is now offered as [EDIT] a zip file [EDIT] and installation is quite simple. The feature set remains the same as before.
- Text based â€œfuzzyâ€ searches within WordPress
- A nice Google like interface which is very customizeable
- Search results with decreasing relevance to search topic
- Trap for words which are less than four letters long, the search then gets routed through the default WP search
- “Next resultsâ€ button which shows the next 10 (or less) results in relevance
Please leave bugs and comments here. I am sure David will check this often.