Wed 8 Jul 2009
So, you promote your blog posts via Twitter, huh? Me too. And those long blog post URLs, ugh! Yeah, we got rid of those using URL shortening services like TinyURL and tr.im but what about the name and/or brand? Your blog posts might be fab – very interesting to read and three thousand comments on each. But are you getting people to remember your website address in Twitter? No. Do you get backlinks from Twitter using TinyURL? No. Can you measure site statistics from TinyURL links on Twitter? No.
Here’s a quick example:
Might look like this in Twitter:
Sweet huh? Here’s a features list:
- Easy to install
- Customizable shortened URL style
- Switch between 302 and 301 redirects
- You can have a list of all your posts/pages/attachments together with their Twitter Friendly URLs on one page (AJAX pagination)
- Shows the short link in the edit post/page form together with the text you can tweet out (trimmed to 140 characters) and a link to Twitter with the predefined text
- You can output the twitter friendly link in your themes using the twitter_link() function
- Compatible with Sociable, Twitter Tools, Tweet This and AskApache Google 404 plugins
- Configurable linking relations (HTML and HTTP) for rel=shortlink, rel=canonical and rev=canonical
- Compatible with WordPress MU
- Super easy tracking with Google Analytics! Destination links are Taggable!
- Loads more yet to come
Screenshots, download, changelog and other notes
Screenshots, download link, changelog and other notes. Officially hosted in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory: Twitter Friendly Links. I also like when people with WordPress.org accounts vote it up thanks!
Please supply any feedback here. Thanks for all your contribution.
- Turkish description by Ömer Taylan Tu?ut