Fri 25 Jul 2008
PICS (Picture Increment Cron System) is a WordPress Plugin designed to allow you to automatically post pictures to your WordPress blog at a administrator determined timed interval.
Have a bunch of photos that you want to show on your blog one at a time but you don’t want to go through all the hassle of making a separate post for each picture? Then this is the WordPress Plugin you have been waiting for.
- WordPress 2.5+ (Could work on lower versions, but we will only support the WordPress 2.5+.)
- MySQL 5+ (Could work on 4.1.1 but we haven’t tested it on that.)
Current Version: 1.0 (June 16, 2008)
Download: PICS v 1.0
WordPress Compatibility: Tested on WordPress 2.5.1
One of us runs a website where they post a new photo every day from a very large collection. However, that same one person is pretty lazy when it comes to creating a new post for each photo. So this WordPress Plugin was the solution for that one persons laziness.
Features / Benefits:
- User defined timed posting of images from a single directory.
- Optional incremented title (ex. Vacation Photo # 1, Vacation Photo #2, Vacation Photo #1,345, etc…)
- Increment starting number can be set to any numeric value.
- Posts can be added to the categories of your choice.
- Posts can have the tags of your choice.
- Images can have the ALT tag of your choice.
- Image directory can be set by user.
- Images are chosen at random.
- No image will be repeated. (Unless you have the same photo under different names.)
- Go to Settings/PICS to set options
- That’s it.