Sun 29 Jun 2008
WP Easy Uploader was created to make the life of WordPress bloggers easier by allowing an Administrator to add plugins, themes, and any type of file to WordPress directly from inside WordPress. You no longer have to load up an FTP client just to try out that latest plugin, load a new theme, or to upload a text document into a specific folder for people to download.
- Upload any type of file to either the standard Uploads directory (just as images do when you are creating posts and pages) or to a path of your choosing.
- Manual paths are automatically created if they don’t exist.
- Easily upload plugins directly to the plugins directory and theme files directly to the themes directory.
- You can select to have archives automatically extracted to their destination. This means that plugins and themes will be taken care of for you, but it also means that you can zip up a large set of files and upload them quickly into a folder on your site. Currently zip, tar, gz, tar.gz, tgz, and tar.bz2 archives are supported.
- Options for overwriting existing files, renaming the fle if a file with that name already exists (or if overwriting fails), removal of the archive after file extraction, and forcing extracted files to be contained in a folder.
- Now supports WordPress Mu.
- Support for upcoming WordPress 2.6.
- Offers translations in German, Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish and Turkish.
- Download at the plugin’s WordPress.org Plugin Directory page
- Visit WP Easy Uploader’s home page for more information about the development and upcoming features