The following list provides links to the WPF project resources.
The high-level goal of the Wordpress Plugin Framework (WPF) project is to develop a common framework for creating Wordpress plugins. Some specific goals are listed below.
- Create an easily customizable plugin framework.
- Create a standard method for creating the plugin administration interface.
- Create a standard look and feel for the plugin administration interface.
- Create a standard method for integrating into website templates.
- Create a standard method for implementing website widgets.
- Create a standard method for handling plugin update notifications.
- Create a standard method for handling manual plugin updates.
There are many plugins available for Wordpress. However, all of these plugins are being created haphazardly. These plugins offer various types of administration schemes and usage methods. This framework is an attempt to commonize the development and deployment of Wordpress plugins in order to make this great web development tool even easier to use.
The following list details the project members and resources utilized for the development of the Wordpress Plugin Framework.