The changes made in this release:
- Ability to report a spammer to Stop Forum Spam if you sign up on their website and get an API key (it's free).
- Added a link in the emails to add an IP to the local blacklist.
- Bugfix: Uninstall did not work.
- RFC: A white list was added.
The AVH First Defense Against Spam WordPress plugin gives you the ability to block spammers before any content is served. Spammers are identified by checking if the visitors IP exists in a database served by stopforumspam.com or by a local blacklist.
Based on the frequency a spammer has been reported at stopforumspam.com, a separate threshold can be set for the following features:
- Send an email to the board administrator with information about the spammer.
- Block the spammer before content is server.
- When an IP is blocked a message can be displayed to the visitor with the reason why access was blocked and a link to stopforumspam.com if they want to resolve the issue.
- Local White and Blacklist.
- You can report a spammer to Stop Forum Spam if you sign up on their website and get an API key (it's free).
- Add an IP to the local blacklist by using the link in the email the plugin sends.