Plugin Name: Media Library Assistant
Plugin URI: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/media-library-assistant/
Description: Enhances the Media Library; powerful[mla_gallery], taxonomy support, IPTC/EXIF processing, bulk & quick edit actions and where-used reporting.
Author: David Lingren
Author URI: http://fairtradejudaica.org/our-story/staff/
Requires at least: 3.3
Tested up to: 3.5
Stable tag: 1.00
License: GPLv2 or later
The Media Library Assistant provides several enhancements for managing the Media Library, including:
* The [mla_gallery] shortcode, used in a post, page or custom post type to add a gallery of images and/or other Media Library items (such as PDF documents). [mla_gallery] is a superset of the [gallery] shortcode in the WordPress core; it is compatible with [gallery] and provides many enhancements. These include: 1) full query and display support for WordPress categories, tags, custom taxonomies and custom fields, 2) support for all post_mime_type values, not just images 3) media Library items need not be "attached" to the post, and 4) control over the styles, markup and content of each gallery using Style and Markup Templates.
* IPTC and EXIF metadata can be assigned to standard WordPress fields, taxonomy terms and Custom fields. You can update all existing attachments from the Settings page IPTC/EXIF tab, groups of existing attachments with a Bulk Action or one existing attachment from the Edit Media/Edit Single Item screen. Display IPTC and EXIF metadata with [mla_gallery] custom templates.
* Enhanced Search Media box. Search can be extended to the name/slug, ALT text and caption fields. The connector between search terms can be "and" or "or".
* Where-used reporting shows which posts use a media item as the "featured image", an inserted image or link, an entry in a [gallery] and/or an entry in an [mla_gallery].
* Complete support for ALL taxonomies, including the standard Categories and Tags, your custom taxonomies and the Assistant's pre-defined Att. Categories and Att. Tags. You can add taxonomy columns to the Assistant listing, filter on any taxonomy, assign terms and list the attachments for a term.
* An inline "Bulk Edit" area; update author or parent, add, remove or replace taxonomy terms for several attachments at once
* An inline "Quick Edit" action for many common fields
* Displays more attachment information such as parent information, file URL and image metadata. Uses and enhances the new Edit Media screen for WordPress 3.5 and above.
* Allows you to edit the post_parent, the menu_order and to "unattach" items
* Provides additional view filters for mime types and taxonomies
* Provides many more listing columns (more than 20) to choose from
The Assistant is designed to work like the standard Media Library pages, so the learning curve is short and gentle. Contextual help is provided on every new screen to highlight new features. The "Other Notes" section contains a summary of the help text following the [mla_gallery] documentation.