AtContent plugin helps content owners to reach new audiences, provides backlinks for their posts and gains content control across the Internet. With this plugin, professionals are able to prevent plagiarism, monetize reposts and sell their work: articles, books, magazines, files.
AtContent Plugin Review
AtContent brands your post with your name by wrapping it in a special widget allowing to read and repost publications for free or for a fee.
The plugin can be found in a free version, available on WordPress plugins repository - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/atcontent/.
Basic conclusions for people who have no time to read the whole article:
• Your content gets branded with your name. With reposts and plagiarism prevention you always get credit for your work.
• Accountant plugin increases your site's search ranking by getting free backlinks for every publication.
• AtContent helps you to increase your readership by getting new audience on other sites.
• You gain full control over your content with the opportunity to block unwanted copies.
• Content monetization is really simple and useful.
Step #1: installation and connection
When you download the plugin, AtContent can be installed like any other plugin. After the installation, in the left side of the dashboard the AtContent Menu appears.
Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/6L9kwTE.png
The menu contains the following options:
• AtContent – here you can brand your posts and get as many backlinks as many posts you have. Additional features - plagiarism prevention, reposts monetization, comments and notifications also available here.
• Connection – on this tab you can connect your blog to AtContent and use all its advantages.
• Known Issues – here you can turn off AtContent processing for specific pages and customize AtContent integration with other plugins.
Connection to AtContent platform
The AtContent plugin provides all its functions only when it is connected to AtContent platform. To connect the plugin you need to click the “Connect” button from AtContent or Connection tabs.
Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/qDhVwQK.png
If you do not have an AtContent account you will be asked to create one. Connect with Facebook or fill in the fields:
Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/6XLrKZV.png
Once the plugin is activated and connected, you get the ability to control your content all over across the Internet, not just on your blog.
Step #2: settings
On the AtContent tab you can brand your posts and get backlinks by clicking "Import".
Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/8yN01Ut.png
• Prevent plagiarism for all posts – disable usual browser tools to copy and paste text, e.g. Ctrl+C and context menu.
• Turn on paid repost for all posts – charge your readers for reposting any your publication. Mainly, this option is for people who have lots of quality content and don't want to give it away for free.
• Import post comments into AtContent plugin comments – this turns all comments you already have to AtContent comments. AtContent comments are visible and can be answered on any website where the publication was reposted.
• Reset all AtContent settings – brings all settings to default.
• Turn off plugin features for a main page – this turns off widget wrapping for main page posts. This is done because widgets may have improper display in non-standard WordPress themes. When you have all your posts imported or have created the first post after plugin installation, unmark this checkbox and look at the main page of your blog. If it looks ok, leave it, if it is not, check it again.
• Turn off plugin comments – if you do not want AtContent plugin comments, turn it off here.
• Turn off “Share and repost and get $$$” line – to turn off the invitation to share your paid posts check this checkbox.
For instant content branding, cloud backup and backlinks it’s needed to import your blog posts to AtContent. For this you only need to click the "Import" button on a plugin settings page and wait a few minutes. After the process is done every your post must get the following panel at the bottom:
Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/WMGKcYS.png
If it did not appear, go to the settings and uncheck the “Turn off plugin features for a main page” option.
Step #3: creating paid and paid repost publications
AtContent plugin tweaks the publication process and adds the opportunity to charge your readers for reading or reposting your posts. Look at the AtContent Post Settings Panel at the bottom of the usual post editor:
Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/7rBGliN.png
• Process post through AtContent API – if this option is turned off you will disable AtContent plugin for this post.
• Protect post from plagiarism – disable usual browser tools to copy and paste text, e.g. Ctrl+C and context menu.
• Post type – Free/Donate/Paid/Paid Repost.
• Import post comments into AtContent – import WordPress comments to AtContent for interaction with reposters and their readers.
If you select “Paid” type of publication, the second text field will appear on the post creation screen. The upper field if for the free part of your post. Here you should add a brief description that attracts readers to buy the full version. The lower text field is for the paid part, which cannot be seen unless a reader pays the needed amount of money.
Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/wCgc8uA.png
A paid publication with expanded purchase panel is displayed below:
Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/WRcJbOi.png
Donatable and paid respost publications can be created in the same way, except you select other publication type.