post-page announces 24/7 support

August 3rd, 2008
WordPress has announced 24/7 support where people from across the world can ask their support questions without having to worry about time differences. The engineers will cater to all the questions sent using the contact form and reply within 24 hours or lesser.

Not long ago, our team was online 9 a.m to 4 p.m. PDT to answer your questions and keep your blog running smoothly. Soon after, we brought it up to 24-hour support, five days and week, so those across the country and across the globe wouldn’t have to wait for their answers.

The time has come for help without delay. We hereby announce 24-7 support on

Remember to use the contact form to send your questions to the team, to get a quicker reply.

1. Primal Sneeze (2 comments.) says:

24/7 support != Answering cases “within 24 hours or lesser [sic]”.

24/7 support == Answering cases immediately.

2. Neil (30 comments.) says:

I agree with primal sneeze, 24/7 without quick reply defeats the purpose!

3. DjZoNe (5 comments.) says:

I think, with that much e-mail traffic, that has, it is almost impossible to give a prompt answer. Even if the case is simple. And what if it needs some more investigation.

4. Charles E. Frees-Melvin (6 comments.) says:

I consider the forums on, ot the wp-hackers mailing list, or #wordpress on IRC the best and fastest ways to get answers to any WP question you can imagine.

5. Trey Cruz (14 comments.) says:

What I think would be better is if they prioritize their support to paying customers.

If bank of America can respond within 12 hours so can they. :)

• Mark Ghosh (386 comments.) says:

:-) You hit the nail on the head and then turned your eyes elsewhere while you were striking with the hammer. Apples to oranges really, both in terms of size, capital and purpose.

• Trey Cruz (14 comments.) says:

Hey Mark… :) well, the way I thought about it was Bank of America has so-so millions of customers – and the same holds true for Am I not correct?

Bank of America is in the finance industry and their whole purpose is to retain customers through satisfaction, loans, and all that other crap — to create money and re-disperse it into the economy. host blogs… millions of them — some, like and People’s stylerack, are in the publishing industry — and it is’s job to respond to them way quicker when they have a question considering they are paying the 500/month for hosting.

But then when I think about it again, wouldn’t a large company have an IT person there anyways?? :D

• Mark Ghosh (386 comments.) says:

Well there are differences in type of business, free versus paid, nature of questions asked, audience location and various other factors that make the two support organizations quite different.

6. m@ (16 comments.) says:

I’m pretty sure premier hosting customers have much better support. Servicing users for a free service around the clock is impressive.

7. amolpatil2k says:

Some sort of points system could also help. If I help someone, I get x points. If I need help, I pay y points. This might also lead to specialization and template answers for template questions. The killer feature would be some sort of question sorting system. A z type of question goes to 5 people who are known to handle such questions. Then whoever handles it gets those points. If the answers are to two different aspects then the points are shared. WP needs to worry more about such pre-sorting and points as opposed to the actual answering.

8. Dave Gray (1 comments.) says:

I remember when I first started my blog on – it seemed that you could post a question for support inside the Dashboard anytime. Then not that long ago they “disabled” this option and I never saw the option to contact support ever since. I am not sure if they worked different hours or allowed for overseas timezones. But it just seemed that they were available. Then they just about shut down this functionality. Or so it seemed.

Now I see that they are offering the 24 hour thing and I am thinking – didn’t they have this before? Seems to me they did. Especially when you consider that I am in Aussie land – anytime I was on the support seemed available.

Anyone know how this is different to way back when?

9. meethere (1 comments.) says:

but will it be free ?
    and available for only blogs ?