September 14th, 2005

What in the world is and why is it slowing down my web browsing considerably for the past few weeks??

After doing some research, I find that is actually Omniture and many of the sites that are slow to load are running some kind of web analytics software called SiteCatalyst from Omniture. Now I find that the Omniture nameservers do not want to resolve or as long as the request comes from the x.x.x.x subnet (my ISPs class B) Grrrrrr.

Why would a web company looking to analyze visitors block a whole class B from their DNS servers??

1. Chris Meller (10 comments.) says:

I’ve often seen when I’ve been sniffing web traffic (both at home and work) for whatever reason. I never paid much attention to it, since it’s never caused any kind of problem for me. Out of curiosity, what’s your ISP, and whom did they piss off? Sounds like they did something (or didn’t do something?) and got on the bad side of the wrong sys admin… :)

2. ceejayoz (3 comments.) says:

Yeah, I’ve got adblocked in Firefox.

3. Mark (118 comments.) says:

Actually, neither did my ISP piss off anyone, nor did they do anything wrong (I know, I am a programmer for them). We recently received a new class B from ARIN and this new class B seems to be the problem.

4. Chris Meller (10 comments.) says:

Welp, if you work for them, it looks like it’s time to call these guys up and talk to them. I’m sure you’re not the only one having these problems, just probably one of the few that knows enough to figure out what’s causing them.

5. Mark (118 comments.) says:

test comment

6. KAREN P WILSON says:

Everytime I run a spyware scan, this comes up. Its really frustrating, is there anything I can do? My ISP is msn. Thanks!

7. nick says:

Hi Mark # 3. Please tell me how I may remove if you can.

8. Sam says:

Class C network also will not resolve nameservers