I ran into some problems importing from BlogRolling OPML code into WordPress 0.72. I took a very quick look and realized that the regular expressions dont match the OPML. I made some changes to WordPress and I hope this helps someone.
1) Look for links.import.php in the wp-admin folder.
2) Around line 108, replace the preg_match_all(‘/
PS: Links in your BlogRoll which have never notified Blogrolling.com of updates will not transfer over with this script. (the way it stands now) My reg-ex knowledge is years old and I havent spent enough time fixing it. But basically, the “lastmod” item does not show up for those links that have never been updated and so those lines do not match the regular expression and gets left out. If I consider those to be optional through my expression, the code breaks because it keeps track of these items in an array which is dynamically generated.